The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is an economic immigration program that nominates people for permanent residence in Alberta. Nominees must be having skills to fill job shortages or should be planning to buy or start a business in Alberta. They must also be able to provide for their families.
You will be eligible to for permanent residence status with your spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children if you are nominated through the program.
Qualified candidates who live and work in Alberta and have a job offer from an Alberta employer can apply for an AINP nomination.
- Labour Market Impact Assessment must be completed successfully.
- You should also be holding a LMIA exemption for workers by IRCC.
- a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) held by a graduate of an Alberta Advanced Education publicly funded post-secondary institution.
Qualified candidates with an Express Entry profile may be invited by AINP to apply for nomination for permanent residence.
- Candidates with an Express Entry profile with the Government of Canada receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter from AINP in their Express Entry profile.
- Candidates with the NOI letter will be able to contact the AINP in their Express Entry Profile.
- Candidates determine if they meet assessment criteria and submit an application after receiving an invite from the AINP.
- Complete applications go into a pool of eligible applications for consideration for processing.