The BC Provincial Nominee Program offers three ways to become a permanent resident in B.C. Each pathway contains different categories you can apply.
Skills Immigration is for skilled and semi-skilled workers in high-demand occupations.
- This system is a points-based invitation system.
- The process involves registering and applying online for the BC PNP and a paper application process for permanent residency.
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled category applicants need B.C. work experience.
- Recent international graduates of a Canadian university or college may not need any work experience, depending on the job being offered.
Express Entry BC is a faster way for eligible skilled workers to immigrate to B.C.
- You must also qualify for a federal economic immigration program.
- This system uses a points-based invitation system.
- It is purely web-based registration and application process for both the BC PNP and permanent residency process.
- You do not require B.C. work experience. However, you must have relevant work experience as well as meet other requirements such as education and language.
The Entrepreneur Immigration stream is for experienced entrepreneurs who want to actively manage a business in B.C.
- This system is also a points-based invitation system.
- Applicants must have the required personal and investment funds.
- The Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot is for entrepreneurs who want to start a new business in participating regional communities across B.C.